Some words on myself. I was born in Ancona, Italy, on the 11th of may, 1964. After that:
- In 1979 I started playing electric bass, playing mainly progressive
rock (eg Genesis) and hard rock (eg Deep Purple); subsequently, I played in
R'n'B bands, soul bands, even balloom dancing orchestras, until I decided to concentrate on
- Between 1988 and 1989 I served as a consciencious objector.
- In 1989 I got a degree in Economics, with a dissertation in statistics.
- Between 1988 and 1991 I worked in a co-operative firm set up with some friends. The opposite of specialization: I worked as a programmer, a statistician, a translator... you name it.
- In 1991 Lesley Vowden and I got married.
- Also in 1991, I started working for the Dipartimento
Economia dell'Università di Ancona as a computer technician.
- In 1992 I gave up electric bass and got myself an East German plywood bass.
- In 1993 my son Piero was born.
- In 1996 my daughter Elena was born.
- In 1997 I stopped working as a tech, and I started doing full-time econometrics.
I also got a better bass.
- In 2000 we moved to Camerano, thereby leaving Ancona, which is the town where I was born, grew up, studied, worked (let's face it, I am sooo provincial); Camerano is just 15 minutes away anyway.
- In 2005, I became Associate Professor of Econometrics (cool, huh?)